Cinnamon, most commonly used in baking, boasts a whole host of exciting possibilities! Are you selling cinnamon short? Add some spice to your life – in moderation, of course. Here are 5 facts you might not know about cinnamon:
1. Snack Attack: Cinnamon makes a delicious addition to a variety of snacks! Mix it with oil, sugar, cayenne and salt to taste. Drizzle or spray onto your popcorn for a delicious twist!
2. Breathe Easy: Cinnamon essential oil, in combination with lemon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary and tea tree, kills 99% of airborne bacteria within minutes. To reap these benefits, add 4 drops of each essential oil to a vaporizer and enjoy!
3. Pest Control: Did you know that cinnamon is a deterrent for ants? Keep these pests out by sprinkling cinnamon at the entryways. Have a sandbox? Mix cinnamon in with the sand to enjoy an ant-free play zone!
4. Tea Time: Ceylon cinnamon can be used in tea, and boasts some amazing health benefits! Cinnamon has been known to have an effect on some common ailments: relieves a sore throat, aides with digestion, reduces sore joints and lowers blood pressure. Give it a try and see if it helps!
5. A Cut Above: Cinnamon has been used as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent for many years. To help heal an open cut or wound more effectively, dust some cinnamon overtop and let it work its magic.
*sources: oilhealthbenefits.com, gardeningknowhow.com, organicfacts.net, benefitsfromcinnamon.com
Looking for more interesting content? Check out our blog here: http://www.hockley.com/blog/