With the temps heating up and our days getting longer, staying hydrated should be top priority for kids and adults alike. According to the Mayo Clinic, men should be drinking about 13 cups and women 9 cups per day, on average. But does plain old water bore you? We’ve come up with a list of ways to freshen up your H2O, that’ll have you thirsting for more:
1. Cucumber: Give your water a boost in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, while infusing a fresh taste – and it’s also been credited with curbing appetite and lowering blood pressure.
2. Fruit ice cubes: Freeze fresh berries into ice cubes and add to your water for a sweet surprise! Take advantage of the anti-oxidants that most berries offer, while naturally sweetening and keeping your water cold – it’s a triple threat!
3. Citrus fruits: Pucker up with lemon, lime or orange slices to add a great summer kick! Along with all the health benefits that come with citrus (potassium, cleansing, reducing inflammation, to name a few) it will also leave you with amazingly fresh breath!
4. Crushed pineapple and mint: Feeling exotic? This duet will feel like a cool breeze on a hot day, not to mention that it should help with digestion and perking up your immune system to avoid the dreaded summer cold.
5. Vanilla: Naturally high in anti-oxidants, fresh or extract, this is a unique treat. If you want it sweeter, add Stevia or the natural sweetener of your choice. Try this one out on your kids, too for a totally new take on water.
6. Apples and cinnamon: Available all year round, this classic combo has been known to lower blood sugar while boosting energy! For best results, slice apples and grate fresh cinnamon, and you can even use the same apples slices up to 4 times without needing new ones.
7. Jalapeno peppers: For sinus relief, a break from your headache relief or if you’re just feeling spicy, add whole peppers to your water and take it up a notch. Muy caliente!
Looking for more lifestyle advice? Try our blog here: http://www.hockley.com/blog/