Looking to avoid catching that cold or flu this season? While airborne viruses are tricky to avoid, there are a few tricks you can use to get your body in fighting shape. “Cold and flu season comes around each year, and while there’s no way to completely avoid it, there are a few things you can do to lessen its effects and speed your recovery,” promises Sasha d’Abadie, Spa Manager at Hockley Valley Resort. Here are Sasha’s top 5 ways to up your immunity and fight off seasonal germs:
1. Eat your fruits and veggies. Studies show that the nutrients you’re getting will boost your immune system to better fight viruses and bacteria.
2. Stay hydrated. Drinking your water will help to rid your body of toxins, improving your overall health. While it may not directly affect your immune system, keeping your body in top form will help fight infection.
3. Catch some ZZZ’s. Restorative sleep has been linked to healthy immune systems, ranging anywhere from 7 hours to 12 to get the required amount.
4. Wash your hands frequently. Did you know that germs and viruses can live on surfaces like doorknobs for hours? The more often you wash your hands, the better your protection.
5. Eat to fight! Some foods are great immune boosters, like: garlic, mushrooms, almonds, citrus, fish, onions, carrots and ginger. These natural foods taste great and work hard to help you stay healthy!
Looking for wellness tips and tricks? Visit our blog at: https://www.hockley.com/spa/.