Looking for a great summer soup recipe? Try ours!
12 oz. fresh shucked garden peas
2 cups fresh garden spinach
1/3 cup fresh chopped garden mint
1/4 cup fresh garden basil leaves
1 small red chili pepper, seeded & minced
A pinch of smoked paprika
4 fl. oz. 35% cream
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – as needed
1 cup minced garden spring white onion
1 clove garden garlic, whole & smashed
Salt and pepper – to taste
4 ½ cups vegetable stock
- Coat the bottom of a heavy bottomed sauce pot with olive oil.
- Add garden onions, garlic clove and a pinch of salt – slowly cook over low heat until translucent.
- In a boiling pot of salted water, add 8 oz. of shucked peas – blanch for 40 seconds, then transfer to ice water to rapidly cool. Drain and set aside – do the same for the entire lot of spinach.
- Add remaining raw peas to the onion & garlic mixture and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add your vegetable stock, salt & pepper and bring to a simmer for an additional 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Blend broth with raw peas, minced chili pepper, cooked spinach, herbs, cream and smoked paprika (this might have to be done in batches as you want the soup to be silky and smooth – adjust seasoning if needed).
- Cool soup in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, as you want this soup to be chilled when served. Serves 4 to 6 guests.
Visit us at Cabin to taste this and many other delicious options!