Is there anything more satisfying and delicious at this time of year that a bowl of delicious comfort food? We love our lentil soup, made in-house by our cabin kitchen team. Want to know how we make it? Here’s the recipe for you to try at home, modified to serve 6 about people:
500g washed green lentils
Root vegetables of your choice (squash, carrots, celery, onion, celery root)
A few slices of double smoked bacon, diced
1 sprig thyme
4 garlic cloves, whole
2 bay leaves
80ml white wine
1500 ml good quality vegetable stock
1. Put your pot on the stove to heat up.
2. Add olive oil, vegetables and bacon.
3. Sautée for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add lentil and mix completely. Add stock and salt to taste.
5. Drop Parmigiano rinds into the soup in a cheese cloth.
6. Cook on low until the lentils start to split.
If you want to finish it off like we do, top with about 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, butter and fresh chopped kale. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more tips from our kitchen? Visit our blog here: https://www.hockley.com/blog/