Are you hosting brunch this Mother’s Day? Why not try something a little different? Check out this recipe from John-Paul Adamo, our President and Chef:
Zucchini Frittelle (Serves 8-10)
4 organic free run eggs
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (more as needed)
2 fl. oz. milk (more as needed)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup – grated parmegiano cheese or as desired
2 tbs. & 1 tsp. baking powder
½ bunch chopped chives
1 small/med zucchini, grated
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
White wine – as needed
Fryer or pot of Canola oil for frying at 350˚F
Fresh chopped mint can be added to this batter instead of chives, a wonderful combination with zucchini!
– In a heavy bottomed pan, sweat off the onions and zucchini. Be being sure to take out as much moisture as possible.
– Add garlic and continue to cook out. Deglaze with white wine and season. Empty zucchini mixture onto a toweled tray and set in your fridge to cool
– In a bowl crack eggs and whisk with milk, fresh cracked pepper, grated parmegiano cheese, chopped chives and zucchini flowers. Add cooled zucchini to egg mixture.
– Combine flour, a pinch of salt and baking powder.
– Add wet ingredients to dry and fully incorporate. Do not over-mix – mixture should be thick enough to spoon into the fryer.
– Using a wet tablespoon, spoon out a small amount of batter into the fryer. Fry one and test the frittelle until golden brown and the center is cooked. Adjust seasoning as needed.
– Finish frittelle with freshly grated Parmegiano or a Monforte Toscano. Serve while still hot
Or, better yet, join us at our Mother’s Day brunch and have all the work done for you! Pre-book for either our 11 am or 1:30 seating for a real Mother’s Day treat