Rosemary is an herb with some surprising health benefits! Here is a list of 5 facts you might not already know about this tasty herb:*
1. It’s a great source of Vitamins A, B-complex and C, iron, calcium and fibre as well potassium, however, rosemary taken in large doses by pregnant women can be harmful.
2. With only 131 calories per 100g, and no cholesterol, rosemary is a valuable addition to almost any recipe! In fact, here is a list of 36 ways you can do just that… http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/delicious-things-to-do-with-leftover-rosemary#2stb3rl
3. Dried rosemary, kept in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place, will stay fresh for several months.
4. Rosemary is often used in tea, to help with cold and headache remedies. To make the tea, use about 1 tsp. of fresh or dried rosemary leaves per 1 cup of boiled water. Add the leaves to a tea infuser and steep.
5. Along with sage, peppermint, oregano and thyme, rosemary contains rosmarinic acid, a natural polyphenolic antioxidant which has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant functions.
At Hockley Valley Resort, we grow and we use rosemary in a wide variety of dishes. Our 4-acre organic garden is a testament to our farm-to-table philosophy. Enjoy an amazing culinary experience at cabin, or Babbo today! https://www.hockley.com/DiningPromotions.cfm