Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Have you been looking for a natural solution? The wellness experts in our spa have put together our top 5 suggestions to help you fight those pesky spring cold and allergy symptoms:
1. Try apple cider vinegar: Did you know that apple cider vinegar has been known to reduce mucous and boost the immune system? Some people swear by it! If your throat is feeling scratchy or you’ve been coughing, give it a try. We recommend checking with your doctor, but a common recipe suggests mixing a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar with lemon into a full glass of water 2-3 times per day for maximum results.
2. Drink your water: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Why? Hydration is a key factor in healthy living, but not just that – the secret is to avoid dehydration at all costs. Dehydration tends to cause headaches and other negative effects, and it could also mask or increase the allergy symptoms you’re actually experiencing.
3. Sample local honey: Some studies suggest that giving your system small amounts of the allergens you’re reacting to will actually take your symptoms down a little. Because bees pollinate locally, their honey contains traces of the allergens you’re reacting to – you might just develop a tolerance for pollen in your area. It’s also a natural cough suppressant and anti-inflammatory, so it may give you even more benefits than you bargained for.
4. Diffuse eucalyptus oil: Breathe in some eucalyptus oil for temporary sinus relief. Do you have an oil diffuser? That’s perfect! If not, a few drops on your chest should also do the trick. Eucalyptus has also been known to reduce inflammation, so that could help relieve some of your other symptoms as well.
5. Try some citrus: Citrus fruits are natural anti-histamines, full of vitamin C and bioflavonoids. This combination has been known to boost immunity, detoxify and to help to improve overall health. Oranges are a great choice or try these foods, also high in Vitamin C: bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, papaya and mangoes.
Looking for more healthy tips from our team? Check out our blog here: https://www.hockley.com/blog/