Some types of teen acne can be controlled with a few simple tricks you may not have tried. Here are some hints that might help:
- Sleep on your pillow only once, flip, and then wash the pillow case. Be sure that each night your face rests on a clean, fresh side. Touching your face with your hands or phone too often could also add unwanted dirt and oil to your skin, so try and keep that to a minimum.
- Cleanse your face morning and night (depending on your skin type) with a light gel cleanser.
- Exfoliate 1-2 times per week, using a gentle exfoliant without granules. An enzymatic exfoliant will gently get rid of dead skin cells, helping to keep skin clear and acne free.
- Apply a weekly clay mask to open and clean out your pores.
- For any dry areas, use a moisturizer that’s water-based. The goal is to add hydration or Water, without adding oil.
- Keep your hair as clean as possible and keep it off your face. The oil from your hair could be transferred to your skin, especially if they are in contact for a significant amount of time, like overnight.
- Get a professional facial every 2-3 months and have someone qualified assess your skin’s condition and recommend specialized treatments or products to suit your needs.Bonus tip: keep a cleanser and exfoliant in the shower. It’s more accessible, more top of mind and tends to get used more regularly that way.Visit our spa and discover how we can help you address your skincare needs! https://www.hockley.com/Spa-Services